The State of Delaware Spay/Neuter Program provides low cost pet spaying and neutering to qualified applicants.
An applicant must be (1) a Delaware resident (2) at least eighteen years old (3) have valid identification, and (4) be currently receiving benefits under one of the following Public Assistance programs:
- General Assistance
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP)
- Delaware Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Social Security - Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security - Disability
- Elimination of unwanted litters
- Reduction of fighting and roaming
- Reduction of the risk of certain cancers
- Reduction of pet homelessness
- Elimination of marking
As animal lovers who value our pets, it is important to understand the impact of this decision. Accessible, affordable spay/neuter services are crucial in addressing the problem of pet overpopulation.
Qualified applicants should submit a Spay/Neuter Application.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact Lisa Tanielian at the Delaware Department of Agriculture at (302) 698-4567 (office) or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Poultry and Animal Health website